PRS Guitars McCarty 594
594: Vintage Heart and Soul
Wildwood Guitars is honored to present what we feel is an extraordinary instrument in looks, feel and, most importantly, tone. When the McCarty 594 model was announced, as part of the Private Stock division's Private Stock of the Month program, we knew Paul was on to something special. Demand was so high for these incredible instruments, that PRS Guitars have now released the 594 as a CORE model so that everyone can experience the magic. Paul has spent countless hours investing himself into the McCarty 594, an extremely special project that pays homage to vintage "Golden Era" instruments, while incorporating signature PRS build techniques to create an instrument that feels like home.
Meet the McCarty 594: the PRS with a vintage heart and soul. To craft this vintage tribute, Paul utilized ideas both new and old, creating the ultimate homage:
• A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
• “58/15 LT” pickups. LT meaning low turns, which give this guitar a sweet lower-output tone. Wildwood is very familiar with the concept of underwound pickups, and we couldn't be more thrilled to see them make an appearance.
• 2 volume and 2 push/pull tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time, and with the added versatility of coil splits for more tonal options.
• A new Pattern Vintage neck carve. This neck carve shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck, but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side, a little more on the bass side of the neck.
• Tweaked Phase III tuners that have an added set screw to pull the tuner’s shaft, gear, and worm together, but with the tuner button taken out of play, to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar itself with as little energy as possible being detracted.
Tonally, the McCarty 594 is simply breathtaking, harkening back to some of our favorite vintage instruments, while showcasing an unparalleled craftsmanship and finish. Wildwood Guitars is honored to offer the CORE model McCarty 594 to our exceptional customers. For an in-hand description and tonal evaluation, email our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 303-665-7733.
“The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting. This one's going all over my new record, because it sits so nicely between all of the sonic identities we all know and love. And it plays like a dream.” – John Mayer
|Model||McCarty 594 - 10-Top|
|Finish Color||Black Gold Burst|
|Top Wood||Carved Figured Maple 10-Top|
|Neck Shape||Pattern Vintage|
|Neck Dimensions||.880 1st - .970 12th|
|Fingerboard||Rosewood with Binding|
|Pickups||58/15 LT Treble and Bass|
|Controls||2 Volume and 2 Tone (push/pull) with 3-Way|
|Bridge||PRS 2-Piece Stoptail|
|Tuners||PRS Phase III Locking Tuners|
|Case||Black Hardshell Case|
Click Here to learn more about what makes a Wildwood instrument so special...