Gibson Custom Shop 2014 Historic 1959 Les Paul VOS
Contains all the same changes that the 2013 Historics have with a added 1894-2014 Custom Shop backplate.
Extensive feature and construction changes have been made to the 2013-2014 Gibson Historic guitars:
• Finish - Aniline dye now colors the bodies and necks of the sunburst finishes, replicating the original beauty and finishing technique that created the Cherry over Mahogany finish of the 1950’s.
• Fingerboard - 1-piece rosewood fingerboards.
• Hardware - Long bridge and tailpiece studs and inserts to replicate the originals and adding to the already brilliant high’s, attack, and sustain the Les Paul is known for.
• Construction - Hot hide glue in the neck to body joint maximizes the resonant benefit of set neck construction.
• Aesthetics - Historically more realistic darker binding.
• New color formula for Goldtops, adds a bit more green and depth to the finish. Also new finish to back and sides that adds more depth and richer grain presentation!
|Brand||Gibson Custom Shop|
|Model||Historic 1959 Les Paul VOS|
|Finish Color||Bourbon Burst|
|Top Wood||Carved Figured Maple|
|Body Wood||Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany|
|Neck Wood||1-Piece Mahogany Neck|
|Neck Shape||50's Rounded|
|Neck Dimensions||.900 1st - 1.000 12th|
|Width at Nut||1 11/16"|
|Binding||Slightly Darker Single-Ply Cream on Top and Neck|
|Pickups||2 Custom Buckers|
|Controls||2 Volume, 2 Tone; 3-way Toggleswitch with Thin Washer & Jackplate|
|Tailpiece||Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar|
|Case||Gibson Custom Hardshell|
Click Here to learn more about what makes a Wildwood instrument so special...